Business Health & Wellbeing
Explore our Accredited Mental Health courses, Corporate Mindfulness & Holistic Wellbeing programmes, carefully crafted to benefit both individuals and businesses. At VedaSante, we understand the pivotal role mental health and well-being play in organisational success.
According to Deloitte’s 2020 research, poor mental health costs UK employers £56 billion annually, hence for every £1 invested in well-being support, there is an impressive £5 return. By choosing our training, you are not just investing in your staff; you are investing in the success of your entire organisation.
Our courses are strategically designed to combat issues like absenteeism, presenteeism, and high staff turnover. The tangible outcomes of our programs include increased productivity and enhanced employee well-being.
Independent research affirms the impact of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses, which not only raise awareness and mental health literacy but also break down the stigma surrounding mental health. By fostering open conversations and encouraging early intervention, our courses make a significant impact on the journey to recovery.
“Quisque velit nisi, pretium ut lacinia in, elementum id enim. Proin eget tortor risus. “
Mental Health First Aid (2 Days or 4 Half Days)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Accredited by MHFA England, the course is suitable for everyone aged 16 and over and is delivered online. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep people safe and supported, while they learn.
Training is particularly relevant for people with line management responsibility in an organisation. Mental health training enables organisations to create a support network, with first aiders acting as first point of contact, offering reassurance to anyone experiencing mental health issues and steering them to professional support services.
What will participants learn on the Mental Health First Aid Adult Course?
- The learning is a practical skills and awareness course designed to give you a deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- How to spot the early signs of poor mental health
- What factors can affect mental health, as well as some of the most common mental health issues?
- How to use the MHFA action plan to respond in a supportive way to someone experiencing mental health problems
- They will gain the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- They will develop enhanced interpersonal skills, such as non-judgemental listening.
- How to assist with mental health recovery, by guiding anyone in distress to appropriate support
- How to proactively reduce the stigma of mental health issues
The aim of the course is not to replace professional diagnosis and care, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. It is invaluable on both a personal and professional level.
None of us can predict when or where mental illness will strike, but we can prepare ourselves for every eventuality. The course will also provide you with the tools and strategies to look after your own mental health and wellbeing.
All course materials and certificates are included in the price and will be sent directly to you at your workplace or home if online course.
Mental Health First Aid Refresher (includes MHFAider® 3 year Support and Benefits Package) – Half Day course (Online)
Who is it for?
This course is available as either an online or face-to-face training session.
We believe that mental health should be treated equally to physical health – and just like physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid training should be kept up to date. We recommend that Mental Health First Aiders® attend a Refresher course every three years. Just like physical first aid, updating skills and knowledge allows people to perform this vital role confidently and safely.
The MHFA Refresher course is not open to those who have completed the MHFA Champion course. MHFA England recommend that MHFA Champions complete a new MHFA course to become a MHFAider®.
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
By keeping your mental health knowledge up to date with the MHFA Refresher, you’ll be eligible to take our internationally recognised MHFAider® qualification.
Enabling your Mental Health First Aiders® to refresh their skills, the same way your physical first-aiders do, is a great way to demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to treating mental health and physical health equally. Investing in the course will give you the confidence that your Mental Health First Aiders® are performing their role safely and effectively.
What will I learn on the half day MHFA Refresher Course?
The four-hour Refresher course will support your Mental Health First Aiders® by:
Refresher topics include:
- About mental health
- Stress and factors which influence mental health
- Mental Health Continuum and stigma
- Frame of Reference and non-judgement
- Reintroducing ALGEE
- Warning signs of mental ill health
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and first aid for suicidal crisis
- Psychosis and first aid for severe psychotic episodes
- More mental health conditions
- Practising our MHFA skills
- Self-care, wellbeing and recovery
Course Materials & Other Resources
Delegates will receive a workbook and manual and access to the new 3 year MHFAider® support and benefits package which includes:
- 24/7 digital support through the MHFAider Support App®
- A resource library of toolkits and guidance to support your MHFAiders® in their role
- A signposting database through Hub Of Hope to find local and national mental health services for additional support
- Secure conversation journaling to make reflective notes while protecting confidentiality.
- 24/7 text support services through Shout for advice and reassurance on a mental health conversation or to support wellbeing after a difficult conversation.
- Exclusive quarterly webinars to embed and broaden mental health knowledge.
- The benefit of joining England’s largest community of trained MHFAiders®
Get In Touch
1234 Divi St. #100, San Francisco, CA 93150
Mon – Fri: 10am – 9pm
Weekends: 10am – 3m